The tragic incident occurred early on the morning of 18 April in the city of Kostroma. In the apartment of multi storey house fire, which killed a 1.5 year old boy and his 77-year-old grandfather, is noted in the message a press-services of regional Sledkoma.
Law enforcement officers revealed that the fire happened in a residential area, located on the eighth floor in the street of the 2nd district davydovskiy. In this apartment lived five people – a woman with two young children and their elderly parents. In the day of the incident the mother went to work and grandma took the older children to kindergarten, leaving the apartment a man and his grandson.
The fire child and the pensioner died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Upon their death, a criminal case.
Earlier it was reported that in one night, the staff of the Ministry of Petrozavodsk saved six children from a burning apartment.